Darlington Primary opened in 1912 and now caters for children from kindergarten to year 7.
The primary section of the school comprises 11 classrooms, a purpose designed early childhood classroom, a well-stocked Library Resource Centre (including an Information Technology Laboratory with 19 computers), purpose built Music and Art rooms, well-equipped Science and Mathematics Centres, an Undercover Assembly Area, a P & C Canteen that operates 5 days a week, and an amphitheatre.
A $2.4 million upgrade of facilities was undertaken during 2007 and gave the school some new areas as well as upgrading others. Some of the improvements included;
Adjacent to the main site is a two room Early Childhood Education Centre and an off-site Early Childhood Education Centre in Glen Road is leased from the Shire of Mundaring to accommodate the kindergarten program.
Darlington Primary School is situated in a lovely bushland environment, with trees and rocks for children to play around. There are two ovals for team games, basketball, netball and volleyball courts.
The school community participates in planning educational programs to suit the needs of Darlington children. The children are encouraged to apply their creative energies to every aspect of school life, be it academic, technological, the arts, or sporting, with an ever growing awareness of morals and cultural life.